Thursday, September 2, 2010

Going to the chapel and we're gonna get hair-ied

As you may have been able to pick up on after several references to a fiance, I'm in the early (early) stages of wedding planning. Of course, the first thing I wanted to do was pick a dress! I haven't started dress-hunting in earnest yet, but I have been considering my hair.

I'm torn between a soft, textured up-do and a extension-enhanced half up-do. (Extensions can add more than just length - they can give you great volume and will give you more options for a hairstyle on the big day!)

Award shows like the Emmys give me ample opportunity to explore potential up-dos. A pageant queen I'm not, so super-styled hair is sort of foreign territory.

Here are my favorites from the 2010 Emmys:


Credit: Bella Sugar


Eva Longoria Parker's subtle waves looks classy, giving her added height without seeming too formal or over-done. 


Credit: Bella Sugar
Glee's Jessalyn Gilsig features gentler waves, a bigger, loose bun (no doubt enhanced by extensions) and a ever-so-slightly off-center part. It looks a little boho but still totally event-appropriate.


Credit: Bella Sugar
Keri Russell's beachy up-do is probably the least formal of the bunch. But I love the flower (especially since I will probably have minimal hair embellishments - just a veil!) and that this hairstyle doesn't look like it's trying to hard. Plus, the side bun gives it a little sass.


Considering that my wedding is still about a year and a half away, I have some time to ponder, but these gorgeous 'dos definitely give me something to think about! 

What do you think? How would you wear your hair on your wedding day?

No comments:

Post a Comment