Last year, I was incredibly enviable of my lucky NYC-based friends who got to experience Fashion's Night Out in the city. Designers, models, editors - the who's who of the fashion world - got together to promote the fashion industry with a big giant party.
This year, DC decided to get in on the fun (last year's attempt was little more than a whimper). On September 10, Georgetown, home to some of DC's best shopping, will host an "epic evening of fashion and entertainment featuring splurge-inspiring events at over 60 Georgetown stores, restaurants and salons in DC's style district."
Some of the do-not-miss events include:
- The Halston Heritage Trunk Show at Urban Chic with CityShopGirl from 5-11 pm, featuring signature cocktails and 10% of your new Urban Chic purchase. [More info]
- Alchimie Forever has free blueberry Facials, champagne, makeovers and more at their store on Wisconsin Ave.
- Personal fave CUSP on M Street celebrates Fashion's Night Out with a special, signature t-shirt with any purchase and DJ so you can rock out.
- Not sure how to wear fall's trends? Sangaree's in-house stylists will adorn you in the best fall clothes as you sip on delish FNO cocktails.
- Leave your male friends at Lacoste! The M Street store will have a Nintendo Wii tournament for a chance to win prizes while you check out what's new for fall.
- Shopped out? Visit the "vitaminwater zero hydration lounge” at Dean & Deluca on M Street invites you to relax, kick off your heels and sip a vitaminwater from 6-11 pm - They guarantee you'll feel re-energized for - what else - more shopping!
Mid-City, DC's trendiest area, is also participating in the festivities, though on a much smaller scale. Be sure to visit Rue 14, Lettie Gooch, Caramel and other great stores in the U Street/14th Street neighborhood for deals, wine and fresh fashion. Click here for more information.