Right now, I am really wanting a maxi dress. But my better judgment has kept me from clicking "buy."
Well, my better judgment or the peanut gallery. My mom says this is a look only for tall, skinny girls. My fiance wrinkles his nose in disgust every time I contemplate purchasing one.
I, however, see a soft, easy dress with a hint of jet set glamour. The maxi dress can be worn any season, any weather; it's easy to add layers and accessories to take this from casual to glam; and best of all, can we say comfortable? I might be talking myself into buying one right now.
But on the other hand, I don't think the maxi dress look is for everyone. I do think height is a must with a dress like this (well, being 5'9" has to come in handy sometime). And it's definitely not a sexy look. But whatever - I'm already engaged!
1. T by Alexander Wang maxi dress, available at Saks: $105
2. Zara long ribbed dress, available in stores: $29.99
3. LnA open elbow maxi dress, available at Revolve: $147
4. ASOS jersey t-shirt maxi dress: $48.27
5. American Apparel baby rib long dress: $46 (I hate the way their models look/pose! Does not make the clothes appear attractive, but I think this dress is cute in person)
So would you wear this look? Or do you think this look deserves a special place in Man Repeller hall of fame?