Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Boxing match

Earlier today, FabSugar posted 15 gorgeous box clutches to add an aura of chic but tough glamour to any outfit.

After being inspired by Meryl Streep in It's Complicated, I bought a minaudiere last year (unlikely inspiration, I know).  I love my box clutch (pictured here in full iPhone glory) though it's not quite big enough to fit both my personal and work phones, plus keys, lipstick and credit cards. But if I can limit myself to one phone and stick my digital camera in the fiance's pockets, we're golden. And it's fabulous for evening events! (It's from J. Crew, no longer available).

So check out the ones from FabSugar or these below (and please forgive the layout - I was using less than sophisticated technology today *cough - MS Paint cough*). I adore the edgy, knuckle clutch from Alexander McQueen (if you're splurging) or the sweet, timeless sparkle of the clutch from Lord & Taylor.



1. Celestina Espasol silver-plated filigree clutch, available at The Outnet: $397.50
2. La Regale sparkle box minaudiere, available at Lord & Taylor: $48
3. Ann Taylor exotic minaudiere clutch: $98
4. Alexander McQueen satin flower knuckle box clutch: $1,760
5. Rafe Maryanne minaudiere, available at Endless: $495
6. Diane von Furstenberg Lytton love knot minaudiere, available at Neiman Marcus: $298

2 comments:

  1. Love the coral color of the Ann Taylor clutch.
    ~Giselle
    http://www.machinewashwarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete