Wednesday, January 19, 2011

How Would You Wear: Chambray shirt

I wasn't 100 percent on board with the chambray shirt trend. I waffled on it: Is this going to be a fleeting trend or is this a wardrobe staple? I nearly bought one last July, but ultimately decided against it. But then in December, while at the J. Crew factory store, I stumbled across one of the "Perfect Fit" chambray shirts for $35. Too good of a deal to pass up, I decided, and boy, am I glad I did. I wore it twice this weekend (hope that's not too gross!).

But another part of my concern about the shirt was how to wear it. Is denim-on-denim too garish for daily wear? Or is it so Western-y that it looks comical?

I decided to have a little fun with Polyvore to create some outfits to wear with my new purchase. I couldn't find my exact shirt, so I used this Selvedge one from J. Crew. What do you think? And how would you wear a chambray shirt?



1. J. Crew Selvedge chambray shirt: $98
2. J. Crew wool bell skirt: $49.99 (red is sold out but the black is equally cute)
3. Forever 21 mid century betty purse: $22.50
4. American Eagle woven wedges: $49.50
5. Modcloth earrings are for lovers: $13.99
6. Rayban Wayfarers, available at Amazon: $73.99


(This next look was inspired by Grace from Stripes and Sequins)

1. J. Crew Selvedge chambray shirt: $98
2. Eddie Borgo bracelet: price NA
3. Barney's diamond stud earrings: price NA
4. By Malene Birger skinny leather pants, from The Outnet: Sold out (sorry)
5. Topshop patchy faux fur swing gilet: $80
6. Chanel sunglasses, available from Sunglasses Shop: ~$411
7. Mulberry Alexa, available at Net-A-Porter: $1150
8. Madewell oxford slingback: $225




1. J. Crew Selvedge chambray shirt: $98
2. Seven for All Mankind skinny jeans, available at Piperlime: $149
3. Kate Spade New York sweet nothings stud earrings, available at Nordstrom: $38
4. Topshop aviators: $24
5. MOIO basil ayo scarf, available at Je Ne Sais Quoi: ~$160
6. Rebecca Minkoff Honey bag: Sold out (Sorry)
7. Hermes belt: $585
8. Tory Burch Revas, available at Shirise: $195

3 comments:

  1. love that you paired it with a fur vest... thats how i wear mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looove! i wore an outfit just like the second one a few weeks ago! obsessed with it paired w/fur & faux leather!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete