Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday Lust List: New Year's Resolutions

After a wonderful holiday with family and friends, it's hard to imagine asking for more.

This week, I wanted to focus on how I want to better myself throughout 2011 - how I can give more to myself through lifestyle changes and self-improvement. What I want for myself most in 2011 isn't a new Chanel purse (although that would be nice), but to make healthy living and smart choices - going to the gym, eating well, budgeting smartly - a subconscious part of who I am, rather than something I constantly strive to incorporate in my life.

My resolutions are overall mantras I want to follow throughout the year (and hopefully into the rest of my life). I also made quantifiable goals for myself. Not to get all preachy, but I think it's important to separate the two. How often do we punish ourselves when we fail on one of our "resolutions"? We skip going to the gym on January 20, and then we say "Well, there goes that resolution" and quit any healthful changes we may have made. Goals and resolutions keep us accountable in two different ways. This way, come December 31, 2011, I will be able to quantify certain changes in my life, as well as witness my qualitative mental changes.

I like to remember that these are all things for which I strive - I won't be perfect every step of the way.

So without further ado...


(I'm hoping to cross numbers 8 and 9 off this goal list ASAP!)

What are your resolutions for the new year? Do you separate goals and resolutions? Do you think resolutions are effective?

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, dearie!

    I had to laugh as one of my goals is to get an NY driver's license. So embarassing... I've lived here for nearly 5 years and I accidentally let it expire - so now I have to take the test!

    Wishing you a happy & healthy one!

    xx
    grace

    www.stripesandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete