Friday, January 7, 2011

This Week's Facts: A lot of reading, not a lot of blogging

Favorite look of the week: K. Bell in h-to-t Ferragamo - rocking the 70s look. (Credit: Poshglam)

  • DC women, rejoice: Lady Lux declares pre-fall 2011 the season of the "working woman."
  • Wardrobe Diaries brings stripes to the workplace.
  • OK, it's super cold out. But we can't be incommunicado! Modeaux has a great DIY for texting gloves. I'm totally making these.
  • Am I the only one who is so over winter? Shopbop has spring trends you can wear now. Also check out Refinery29's best colors for spring!
  • Speaking of spring, I love Meghan's picks for her spring must-haves over at Wit and Whimsy. I need me a cuff now!
  • While we're looking forward, FabSugar has some of the best Spring 2011 collaborations you can look forward to. The stylish site also deemed "designer for less" the biggest headline of 2010. I know I agree!
  • Got a bad Christmas present burning a hole in your pocket? The Cut says stores are making it easier to return sucky gifts.
  • New York Times' Cathy Hornyn has 10 looks that should stay in 2010. Skulls, drapey skirts and trapper hits make the list. Do you agree?
  • Fashion is a lot like Disney movies, Man Repeller says.
  • Yes, the holidays are over, but this holiday shoot from Kate Spade, featuring talented artist Dallas Shaw, is to die for. Check it out at Style Me Pretty (the most inspirational wedding blog ever).
  • It's Friday. I know ya'll need something to smile about. Check out Cute Overload's Top Ten Cutest of 2010!
  • PS If you didn't buy these amazing Chanel-esque flats from Gap, you might be the only person on the planet. (To read more about my hunt for the perfect flat, click here).
I'm FINALLY recovering from my lovely little sinus infection, but as a result of this bout with illness, I was a bit lazy in the blogging/cleaning the apartment/working out department. But I'm not writing 2011. I've got a hot date with a three-miler tomorrow, and tonight, I satisfied my goal of cooking something new once a week by making David Tanis' wild mushroom ragout. I used polenta instead of ziti and it was delicious! I recommend it.

Do you all have any fun weekend plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment