Friday, January 14, 2011

Crop it to me

I must say, my favorite part about the menswear trend is probably the resurgence of pants. We all still love our skinny jeans, but it's nice to have options, right? From flared jeans to 70s-inspired wide-legged trousers, I like wearing a pair of pants in which I can enjoy a sandwich.

Probably my favorite new pant trend is the cropped trouser. These have been on the scene for a while, and they aren't going anywhere. Just check out the pre-fall collections - especially Alexander Wang's, which feature the shortened pantalones prominently throughout. 

I love the versatility of these pants. The tailored look makes them wearable in almost any situation. Wear them on weekends with a slouchy T by Alexander Wang T-shirt or with a sharp blazer or button up and head to the office. In this case, I like letting the pants do the talking - keep the lines simple and unfettered. And make sure you show off your waist with a belt or a fitted top. Just because you're wearing menswear doesn't mean you need to look like a man.


1. 3.1 Phillip Lim satin-twill cropped pants, available at Net-A-Porter: $350
2. Talbots seasonless wool signature fit pleated cropped pants: $44.99
3. Theory cropped drawstring trousers, available at Net-A-Porter: $285
4. Helmut Lang method cropped pants, available at Shopbop: $335
5. Miu Miu silk crepe de chine cropped pant, available at Net-A-Porter: $490
6. J. Crew bi-stretch wool Minnie pant: $79

2 comments:

  1. So cute. I love the Miu Mius, but would settle for the Minnies!

    xx grace
    stripesandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg....for the first time EVER my two favorite choices are the cheapest :)

    Love the Talbots pair...I have a weird thing for pleats. And the J. Crew Minnies are minimalism at it's best!

    ReplyDelete