For summer, the sandal wedge is obviously the best choice. Right now, I'm loving bringing fun fabrics to your feet for summer - denim or linen accents. I'm also loving incorporating hints of neon on my feet.
As a side note, I feel like every summer, espadrilles are super popular, and yet fashion magazines are always like, oooh espadrilles, new and hot for summer! Just keep your espadrilles around, folks - they'll always be wearable in summer.
|1. Diane von Furtstenberg Opal Linen Wedge, available at Net-A-Porter: $295|
2. Tory Burch Lucien Crochet Wedge: $395
3. Stuart Weitzman Alex Espadrille, available at Endless.com: $365
For fall, suede wedges couldn't be cuter. These are work appropriate choices that will also look good with your skinny jeans for the night out. How cool are the wedges on these DV by Dolce Vita heels?
|1. Loeffler Randall Deena, available at Piperlime: $395|
2. Elizabeth and James Hali, available at Piperlime: $275
3. DV by Dolce Vita Dahlia, available at Piperlime: $109
Looking for a bang for your buck? Any of these wedges would be great any time of the year. I'm not so sure suede is a cold month-only fabric, but keep it light - a neutral taupe or beige. Animal print is always fabulous. These leopard wedges are vaguely reminiscent of some Alexander Wang booties, but a little more universally wearable.
What do you think of the Tinley Road pair? I have a similar pair of heavy black wedges that I got last summer from Forever 21 - and I wore them long into the fall. I actually think these would look pretty cool with some socks if you dare to try the trend.
|1. Kate Spade Deb, available at Piperlime: $298|
2. Jimmy Choo Folly, available at Net-A-Porter: $795
3. Madison Harding Blair, available at Piperlime: $295 (or a similar, $59 version here)
4. Tinley Road Amy, available at Piperlime: $19.97