Friday, July 22, 2011

Birthday Wish List

If you know me, you know I'm minorly obsessed with my birthday. OK, majorly. I don't know if it comes from the neglect felt by having a summer birthday (I never got a party in school, kids were always out of town on my birthday, etc.), or just pure narcissism, but I love celebrating my special day - even if it's just myself!

This year, I'm turning 25, and I might be quarter-life-crisising. I am OLD y'all. After my birthday, I will be closer to 30 than 20 (I just vomited in my mouth a little). Marty McFly, bring the time machine and take me with you! Anyway, it's a big one.

The other night, my mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and I had no idea. You'd think being on shopping hiatus, I'd have a wish list a mile long. But I don't. It's weird.

Finally, I was able to put together a brief list of things I would like for my birthday this year. PS friends: I reserve the right to edit this as I think of more!

1. This lovely J. Crew pave bracelet

Alas J.Crew informs me it is out of stock til 2 months after my bday...


2. A personal trainer to get me in wedding fighting shape

3. An Equipment Signature blouse (in any color, but I've been told blue is a good color for me)

Get it at Shopbop

4. Sunglasses from the Row (or Ray Ban aviators - I'm not picky)

Clickity.

5. Furniture for our new condo!! I don't want to jinx it since we haven't closed yet, but the fiance and I are in the process of buying a condo. We should close and move in early August if all goes according to plan! We're looking for a new coffee table (our Ikea one is pretty much dunzo), bar stools, a pullout sofa... and more eventually as we settle into our new home!

So, my list this year is pretty short. Sure, I still want the white suit, the white jeans and endless enamel bangles, but those don't make great gifts! Anyway, feel free to take this post as a giant HINT HINT.

1 comment:

  1. i am going to write a VERY similar post in a couple weeks :) when is your birthday? i am turning 26 august 31st and you better believe i'll have a wish list too!

    ReplyDelete