Monday, November 15, 2010

WEDDING DRESSES!!!!!!!!

When I was in New Orleans a few weekends ago, I tried on wedding dresses!

Oh. My. Gosh. Was it exciting.

And I have great news - I found a dress. Well, actually, I found two. They are very similar in many ways: both are made from ivory silk organza; both are modified drop waists (basically a mix between a line and trumpets); both are strapless (not what I was expecting but they can add straps to anything); and both are BEAUTIFUL.

Basically, the experience was much less stressful than I expected (thank you, Say Yes to the Dress, for that expectation).

The weirdest part was seeing myself in a white wedding gown. With the first dress (which was a no), I felt goofy. But then as I tried a couple more on, I got in a groove, and then I just found some that clicked. I sashayed, I sat, I played with the trains. Honestly, I could buy seven gowns and wear them all!

Before shopping, I completely thought I'd want to shopshopshop until I tried on every bridal gown EVER. But now that I've found some I love, I am perfectly content shopping. I just need to show the Maid of Honor, and I'm good to go!

Now, I'd love to give you all my advice for wedding dress shopping, but that's for another post. For now, I want to focus on the NYC bridal markets.

These beauties, from the Fall 2011 collections, are breathtakingly beautiful.

You can go elegant and classy:

Jenny Packham

Oscar De La Renta (Credit: Bride's Guide)
Amsale

Or soft and romantic:

Lela Rose
Kenneth Pool
Monique Lhuillier
Judd Waddell

Or like something out of a fairy tale:

Monique Lhuillier
Priscilla of Boston (Credit: Southern Weddings)
Judd Waddell
Or something totally unique:

Rivini (Credit: Southern Weddings)
Farah Angsana (Credit: Examiner.com)
Temperley

I would lovelovelove to share my top two dresses with you, but I don't want to give too much away (to you or the all-important fiance). Now, I just have a year and a half to wait before my wedding dress debut. Which gives me 18 months to watch what I eat and tone my arms 'til they almost fall off.

I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment