Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A look for less: Alexander Wang Cowl Neck Sweater

Alexander Wang cowl neck sweater, available at Shopbop: $595
Is it possible to be in love with an inanimate object? Because every time I see this sweater, my heart goes a-flutter. The soft alpaca wool, the oversized comfort, the draped luxury, the uber-trendy and versatile camel color... it all says "wear me, wear me, a thousand times wear me!"

I've been crushing on this sweater since September, and while my love has only grown, my desire to sell out 6 Benjamins for a sweater has not. I'm not saying this sweater isn't worth the price tag - it so is. But I have many things I want to buy, and not as many dollars.

So I've been hunting for a replacement. It won't be made out of llama wool, I know, but it's a small sacrifice for luxury.

Here are five awesome duplicates. But you'll always have my heart, A-Wang!

Jamison Alden cashmere cowl neck pullover, available at Revolve: $299


J. Crew cashmere cowlneck sweater: $228

Ann Taylor Cable Cowl Neck Tunic: $128 (buy it a size larger for a similar fit)

MICHAEL Michael Kors Cowl Neck Tunic, available at Nordstrom: $69.50 (this has a bit of shimmer so it's not exactly the same, but the look is right!)

H&M cowl neck sweater: $24.99 (PS did you know in the UK this is called a "roll-neck jumper"? Love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment