Monday, November 29, 2010

Two is better than one

Nothing says frugal like buying a multipurpose item. That's why I've been trying to buy day-to-night dresses, classic staples and wear-with-everything cardigans lately.

Of course, you can always buy an item that can be styled different ways, but why not buy an item that can style itself different ways?

After all, more is more, right?

Full-length coat vs. cropped jacket




Tibi Ritz Tweed Convertible Coat, available at Revolve: $434


Ankle boots vs. riding boots

Lillybee Faith boots, available at Simply Soles: $236


Long gloves vs. short gloves
J. Crew convertible jeweled gloves (the cashmere zips off!): $198

Navy cardigan vs. brown cardigan

Rachel Comey reversible cardigan, available at Farfetch: $380


Camel cape vs. grey cape
Tory Burch Liam reversible double face cotton poncho in camel/grey, available at Nordstrom: $414


The staple wear-it-many-ways dress
Victoria's Secret ruched multi-way dress: $79 (check the website for all the fun ways to wear this!)

1 comment:

  1. My litmus test for clothing purchases usually is: can I wear this to work or casually or in the evening-if I hit two of the three I give myself the go ahead. Biggest bang for my buck :)

    ReplyDelete