Thursday, June 30, 2011

Designer Crush: Rachel Zoe?

You read that right. When I heard that Rachel Zoe was designing an apparels and accessory line, I couldn't help but think: LA's famously skinny stylist makes for great TV and puts together a killer outfit, but can she design?

Color me pleasantly surprised. Rachel Zoe's new collection is really, really cute. It's effortless trendy and luxe, but you still see hints of Zoe throughout: bell-bottomed pants, warm furry vests and boho maxis. There are pieces of all kinds: fun party dresses, a gorgeous black halter gown, pants, shorts, tops, coats... You could put together a great wardrobe with these pieces.

Any stylish woman of any age would look classic and sophisticated carrying her purses. I'm not mad about the velvet and furry trim on some of the pieces, and the heels, while they have Zoe's signature uber-high heels, are fabulous but nothing new.

The highlights:


Faux-Fur Vest, Tie-Neck Plunge Blouse & Zip-Cuff Skinny Jeans: $295, $225, $175 (My favorite casual ensemble - this blouse should probably be mine)

Tailored Tuxedo Jacket, Tie-Neck Plunge Blouse & Boot-Cut Tuxedo Pants: $425, $295, $275 (if you've been reading my twitter, you know I'm obsessed with white suits, and this one is exactly what I want - easy, breezy, boot-cut!)

Blouson Metallic Maxi Dress: $550

Wrap-Collar Cape & Cuffed Tuxedo Shorts: $695, $195 (it's so hot out, I know it's impossible to think about wearing a coat, but this one is sort of makes me want to wrap up in it... sort of)

Crocodile-embossed back pump: $295

Zoe snake-embossed tote: $650 (a little Birkin-esque, but I wouldn't kick it out of bed)

Remind me why I'm on this shopping hiatus again?

Pre-order Rachel Zoe's collection at Neiman Marcus now.

No comments:

Post a Comment